Echo Echo Festival Workshop Tour and Artist Bursary Scheme
In association with Crescent Arts Centre
Monday 3rd September 2018 at 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Free entry | Please book in advance
Festival Workshop Tour
Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company is interested in finding ways to develop engagement with artists in dance, movement and related disciplines, from all parts of Ireland. With this in mind we are offering a series of workshops outside our home base in Derry.
Experienced dancers and artists in other fields, along with experienced non-professionals, are invited to join a free workshop with Steve Batts, Artistic Director, or Ayesha Mailey, Associate Artistic Director, of Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company.
There will be a practical movement session and a short presentation on the work of Echo Echo and the concept of Poetic Movement. The workshop will include an outline of ways to engage with and collaborate with Echo Echo including an introduction to their Artist-in-Residence programme, an explanation of opportunities for proposing work for the annual Echo Echo Festival, and an outline of other possibilities for developing collaboration, performances, research and workshops at Echo Echo Studios in Derry.
To book a place please contact Echo Echo at contact details below or simply come along on the day.
Echo Echo Festival Bursaries
Workshop participants may apply for one of a number of bursaries Echo Echo is offering to participate in the sixth edition of Echo Echo Festival of Dance and Movement which takes place in Derry from 6th – 17th November 2018. Artist bursaries are open to artists working in any discipline with an interest in dance and movement. The bursary types available and the simple application process will be described at this workshop.
Information for bursary applicants
- The bursaries are intended to help professionals and serious students of dance and related disciplines to attend events in the Echo Echo Festival of Dance and Movement 2018
- People who attend one of the introductory workshops associated with the festival are eligible to apply (listed below).
- There are two bursaries available at the rate of €200 and two at the rate of €600. Depending on resources we may be able to make more bursaries available.
- The lower amount is intended to support artists who want to attend, at a minimum, the final two days of the festival which includes performances, a class and a discussion/symposium event. The higher amount is intended for those who wish to make an extended visit to the festival.
- Applicants should write the equivalent of approximately one A4 page giving the reasons why they want the bursary and with a short artistic biography/history. They should also indicate whether they want to be considered for the smaller or larger amount or both. They should also indicate the days which they would attend the festival.
- The festival programme is online at: http://www.echoechodance.com/festival/welcome-2018
- Echo Echo Dance Theatre Company may be able to help with securing accommodation at a reasonable rate. If you are successful in your application we will ask you about this.
- Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “festival bursary 2018” in the subject line. Please apply by 19th September 2018.
I loved the wholesome and caring feeling of the whole festival. I appreciated the inclusivity; it is actually a quite rare thing. I also loved the fact we got to work and learn with artists whose performances we saw. It made both the performances and the classes more meaningful and resourceful. Festival Bursary recipient 2017
- Monday 3rd September 2pm-5pm | Crescent Arts Centre, Belfast
- Monday 10th September 6pm-9pm | Firkin Crane, Cork
- Tuesday 11th September 6pm-9pm | An Lab, John Street, Dingle
- Thursday 13th September 3pm-6pm | DanceHouse, Dublin
- Saturday 15th September 1pm-4pm | St Nicholas' School Hall, Galway
- Sunday 16th September 3pm-6pm | The Dock, Carrick-on-Shannon
With thanks to all of the partner venues and staff for their support.
Any further queries and to book your places please contact Mr Ailbe Beirne, Echo Echo Company Manager, on 02871308883 or email email@example.com.
All-Ireland Workshop Programme and Artist Bursaries kindly supported by the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht ‘2018 Co-operation with Northern Ireland’ funding scheme. Echo Echo Festival is supported by ACNI and Derry Strabane Council.
Echo Echo Festival artwork by zoocreative.
Steve Batts image by Patrick Duddy Photography.